Sunday 25 October 2015

Blinded by the Light ...

Hello everyone,

Here are some fun photos from last week's year 7 science classes.

We were learning about chemical reactions and how different compounds, molecules, elements can be combined to make new products.


In the photos the girls are burning magnesium, therefore combining the metal with oxygen molecules from the surrounding air. 
This reaction is always quite spectacular!

Do you know some other signs of a chemical reaction?

P.S. Happy half term girls! See ya in a week. 







 



6 comments:

  1. Hi miss thanks for putting the picture of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi miss Please put a photo of me please

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember doing this and I believe that bubbles can form when there is a chemical reaction.
    -Leyla 10W

    ReplyDelete
  4. its me miss from my old account this is my new one (Sumbal) 7W :)

    ReplyDelete